In addition to the mass spectrometry core services provided by the University of Minnesota Department of Chemistry Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, the laboratory also conducts collaborative research programs with investigators from the Departments of Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Medicine, and within the Center for Bioanalysis of Molecular Signaling. Current efforts focus on the sensitive detection and quantification of medically relevant diagnostic markers; identification of compounds relevant to molecular signaling, inflammation, and cellular aging; and targeted metabolite profiling and identification of biomarkers relevant to nanotoxicity and for development of metabolite profiling approaches to biodiversity research. In June 2011, the laboratory was named a Waters Center of Innovation for Mass Spectrometry.
- Paulsen, N.B., Gilbertsen, A.J., Dalluge, J.J., Welchilin, C.W., Hughes, J., Han, W., Blackwell, T.S., Laguna, T.A., Williams, B.J. The Arginine Decarboxylase Pathways of Host and Pathogen Interact to Impact Inflammatory Pathways in the Lung. PLOS ONE 9 (2014) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0111441
- Koseoglu, S., Meyer, A.F., Kim, D., Meyer, B.M., Wang, Y., Dalluge, J.J., Haynes, C.L. Analytical Characterization of the Role of Phospholipids in Platelet Adhesion and Secretion. Analytical Chemistry, in press.
- Wollack, J.W., Monson, B.J., Dozier, J.K., Dalluge, J.J., Poss, K., Hilderbrand, S.A., Distefano, M.D. Site-Specific Labeling of Proteins and Peptides with Trans-Cyclooctene Containing Handles Capable of Tetrazine Ligation. Chem. Biol. Drug Des. 84 (2014) 140-147.
- Dalluge, J.J., Connell, L.B. On the Potential of Mass Spectrometry-Based Metabolite Profiling Approaches to the Study of Biochemical Adaptation in Psychrophilic Yeast. Extremophiles (2013) 953-961.
- Connell, L.B., Rodriguez, R.R., Redman, R.S., Dalluge, J.J. Cold-Adapted Yeasts in Antarctic Deserts. In P. Buzzini, R. Margesin (eds.) Cold-Adapted Yeasts, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-39681-6_4, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013.
- Meyer, A.F., Thompson, J.W., Wang, Y., Koseoglu, S., Dalluge, J.J., Haynes, C.L. Isotope-Dilution UPLC-MS/MS Determination of Cell-Secreted Bioactive Lipids. Analyst 138 (2013) 5697-5705.
- Gruba, S.M., Meyer, A.F., Manning, B.M., Wang, Y., Thompson, J.W., Dalluge, J.J., Haynes, C.L. Time- and Concentration-Dependant Effects of Exogenous Serotonin and Inflammatory Cytokines on Mast Cell Function. ACS Chem. Biol. (2013) 503-509.
- Mbughuni, M.M., Chakrabarti, M., Hayde, J.A., Meier, K.K., Dalluge, J.J., Hendrich, M.P., Munck, E., Lipscomb, J.D. Oxy-Intermediates of Homoprotocatechuate 2,3-Dioxygenase: Facile Electron Transfer Between Substrates. Biochemistry 50 (2011) 10262-10274.
- Ross, K.L. and Dalluge, J.J. Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry of Glycolytic Intermediates: Deconvolution of Coeluting Structural Isomers Based on Unique Product Ion Ratios. Anal. Chem. 81 (2009) 4021-4026.
- Ross, K.L., Tu, T.T., Smith, S., Dalluge, J.J. Profiling of Organic Acids during Fermentation by Ultraperformance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Anal. Chem. 79 (2007) 4840-4844.