University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Computer & Electronic Services
Statement of Services
Computers and Networking
- Setup and Repair of University owned equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, printers, projectors and other peripherals used for teaching, research and departmental business. Offering Hardware and Software
service and support. (Software list provided by the Department of Chemistry Microlab)
- Setup and troubleshooting
of wired network connections in the Chemistry Department
for faculty, staff and students located in Smith and
- Maintain Departmental webpage.
- Offer advice on and procurement of computers, printers and variety of electronic peripherals.
- Sale of a variety of electronic parts and components
service on electronic instruments used in both research
- We offer a limited amount of design and construction of one-of-a-kind electronic
devices for use in research and teaching.
Acceptable Use Policy
All Faculty, Staff, Students and visitors are asked to read
and abide by the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources when using their computer systems on campus.
- Instructions to connect to files.umn.edu, the University's sanctioned network file storage area. Macintosh (PDF), Windows (PDF).
- Students, faculty, and staff can use a variety of tools to publish, search, and measure traffic on websites ranging from simple personal blogs to organizational sites with large amounts of content managed by many people. Link to Site.
- The Template references Cascading
Style sheets and default images that are located at the webserver's
root directory, something that you will not be able to access.
Dreamweaver and our FTP server intrepret the FTP accounts
in such a way that the directory you have access to is considered
root. Open the compressed archive and place the images folder
and the three .css files in the main folder of your website,
they are exact copies of those on the Chemistry Webserver.
Dreamweaver will apply the styles and see the images in the
'images' folder correctly, then when you upload the files
to the webserver, the images and styles will be correctly
linked to the ones on our webserver. You do not need to upload
the .css files or default images. 'index.html' is the name
of the file for your homepage. Copy and rename 'index.html'
to make other pages. Request to Web Committee form.
- Department of Chemistry's template ( ZIP)
- University of Minnesota's
Brand Site (a site devoted
to the University's branding campaign)
University of Minnesota
Dept. of Chem. Computer and Electronic Services
Mailstop: C-17 Smith Hall
207 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455