- August 14th, 2015 - Clifford Gee selected as one of the top three speakers at the 2015 Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology Student Research Symposium. Check out the website for abstracts, pictures, videos, and more!
- July 15th, 2015 - The Pomerantz Lab's Midwest Affiliate Grant through the AHA has been upgraded to a national affiliate award, meaning additional and extended funding for the group!
- July 8th, 2015 - ACS Chem. Biol. paper is accepted. Congratulations to everyone who contributed. Go AU1!
- Summer 2015 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Emily Sherman, a Lando Research student visiting from Ithaca College, Anand Divakaran, a rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, and Alex Ayoub, a Heisig Summer Research fellow . Emily will be working with Steve on a synthetic project, Anand will be working with Neeraj in expressing some new protein constructs, and Alex will be working with Laura developing a new biochemical assay for proteins of interest.
- May 6th, 2015 - Collaborative bromodomain project with the Hall lab finally submitted. Fingers crossed for AU1.
- April 2015 - Pomerantz lab receives an American Heart Association grant to study the role of BPTF in cardiovascular disease
- April 28th, 2015 - Congratulations to undergraduate lab member Ed Koleski for receiving the Senior Award from the Department of Chemistry.
- April 27th, 2015 - Congratulations to third year students Andrew Urick and Clifford Gee for both being awarded a GAPSA Scholarly Travel Grant. Andrew will be attending the High Throughput Chemistry & Chemical Biology Gordon Research Conference, and Clifford will be attending the Bioorganic Chemistry Gordon Research Conference.
- March 27th, 2015 - Professor Pomerantz receives a Kimmel Scholar Award from the Sidney Kimmel Foundation for Cancer Research!
- February 23rd 2015 - Congratulations to Steve on passing his oral exam and obtaining Ph.D. Candidate status!
- February 18th 2015 - PrOF NMR gets blogged on Practical Fragments! This blog, which is run by Dan Erlanson and Teddy Zartler, is well regarded in its evaluation of a wide variety of topics as they related to fragment-based drug
- January 6th-14th 2015 - The 2nd installment of the Chemical Biology bootcamp has started! Eight students from four different research labs particpated in a 6 day chemical biology laboratory series. Special thanks to TA's Andrew Urick, Dr. Laura Hawk, Clifford Gee, and Steve Kirberger for their helpful assistance
- Jan 5th, 2015 - The Pomerantz Lab is very grateful to the Garber family and relatives for their generous support of our research.
- December 15th, 2014 - 3rd year graduate student Clifford Gee and undergraduate student Ed Koleski's PrOF NMR screening paper is accepted to Angewandte Chemie.
- December 8th, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Jenna Fernandez as a new rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- November 21st, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Peter Ycas, a new first year chemistry graduate student, to the lab.
- October 7th, 2014 - 3rd year gaduate student Andrew Urick and postdoctoral associate Dr. Neeraj Mishra publish their paper on PrOF NMR for bromodomains. (DOI: 10.1021/cb5007344).
- September 15, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Dr. Laura Hawk as a new postdoctoral associate.
- September 8, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Evan Alexander as a new rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- Fall 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes new undergraduate students Makenna Habegger who will be working with graduate student Brie Perell on stabilized peptides and Ed Koleski who will be working with graduate student Clifford Gee on developing small molecule ligands for the KIX protein.
- Summer 2014 - Prof. Pomerantz receives the NSF CAREER grant, 3rd year student Andrew Urick is appointed as a trainee under an NIH Biotechnology training grant, 3rd year student Clifford Gee is appointed as a trainee under the NIH Chemical Biology Interface Training grant.
- Spring 2014 - Congratulations to second year students, Andrew Urick, Brie Perell, and Clifford Gee for passing qualifying exams and obtaining Ph.D. candidate status!
- January 27th, 2014 - Pomerantz lab runs the first Chemical Biology Boot Camp, providing new students with the opportunity to learn basic chemical biology lab skills.
- June 22nd, 2013 - The Pomerantz Lab and the Haynes lab participate in a summer outreach event at the West 7th Community Center and demo their new fingerprint detection and DNA isolation experiments as part of the Haynes lab "solar cell heist mystery"
- June 19th, 2013 - The Pomerantz lab runs the first Chemical Biology short course with the Osher Life Long Learning Institute. Great work, Andrew, Drew, and Brie!
- June 13th, Pomerantz Lab receives an American Cancer Society IRG grant
- Newest Acquisition; Bruker TCI CRYO Prodigy Probe for 500 MHz NMR (19F S/N; 2100:1)